About Spring Loaded
Spring Loaded Technology is changing the way the world moves. We thrive at the interface of research and development to build, manufacture, and deliver breakthrough technologies that can change and improve lives. We are looking for bright minds and passionate people to join our world-class team.
Just the Beginning
Spring Loaded emerged from an interdisciplinary innovation lab that focused on developing solutions for real customer problems.
We started with the basic idea of making a bionic knee brace that could make you stronger, more mobile, and less prone to fatigue.
We imagined a world where mobility is never an impairment: a world where limitations to natural movement caused by injury, disorder or disability are restored and where human performance is enabled to break boundaries.
After four years of research and development and hundreds of prototypes, we developed Levitation™, the world’s first bionic knee brace.
We know this is just the beginning. We’re excited to grow everyday, and we love what we do.
We’re a tight-knit team that’s set for rapid growth over the next 24 months. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment and a company that is redefining human mobility, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad skill-set who want more than just a job – someone who is driven, passionate, and above all, has a great sense of humour!
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, our team is made up of passionate, entrepreneurial, and driven individuals. Our culture is defined by our people and we actively seek, promote, and reward amazing and self-improving people that want to create an equally amazing company.
Business Development Associate (pdf) – Two positions available
Business Development Associate (2)
In this role, you will be expected to pursue and win sales with end users across a wide range of market verticals. You will be in charge of prospecting and cold calling potential customers. You will work closely with our VP of Sales and Marketing, and the Spring Loaded sales and marketing team. This role is best suited to a driven yet empathetic individual who is not shy on the phone, loves talking to new people, and can use those skills to show immediate results. This is a quota-carrying role and candidates for this position must be highly motivated, tenacious, and self-starters.
Do the ideas of problem solving, process improvement, and technology disruption in one of the largest industries in North America get you excited? Do you have outbound sales experience in the technology or call center industry?
- Prospect, prioritize and develop a pipeline of new business
- Research and build “cold accounts” (i.e.: adding contacts, sending emails, cold calling)
- Qualify and close direct to consumer sales
- Attend tradeshows and events to demonstrate the features and benefits of our bionic knee braces
- Learn appropriate language and techniques for interacting with different customer types (e.g. doctors versus end-users)
- Conduct high-level conversations with management on prospective new customers and market verticals
- Work with Marketing to ensure the right customers are being targeted
- Work with Customer Support to ensure that new customers are satisfied with their purchase.
- Minimum 1-year history of developing pipeline or making high-volume sales over the phone
- Experience prospecting and cold calling to generate sales opportunities
- Track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience performing well within a team and individual setting
- Demonstrated customer-facing skills, including expectation management, communication skills, and information management
- A university degree or college diploma
- A well-developed sense of humor
- Experience working in the technology, medical device, or call center industry
- Experience using Hubspot or Salesforce CRM is an asset
- Formal sales training is an asset
- Must be available to work on-premises in Burnside, NS
Base salary dependent on applicant’s experience level with a competitive commission structure, and comprehensive benefits package.
Submit your application, including your resume and cover letter, to Alongside. Apply for the Business Development Associate position now.
Production Machine Operator
Spring Loaded is growing rapidly and is expanding our production team. We are looking for a Production CNC Operator to help scale our production capabilities. You will be responsible for the setup and operation of CNC and manual machining equipment for both high-volume production and custom prototyping. Ideally, you have 1-2 years of machine shop experience and/or training operating a CNC milling machine and/or lathe. Attention to detail, commitment to safety, obsession with quality, and absolute dependability are a must. We work at an extremely fast pace and work together as a collective unit. As a result, you will be cross-trained on other areas of our operation and work in multiple areas of production.
The person in position is responsible for setting up machines, checking products against design and quality specifications, and keeping production items running through machining areas with quantity and quality acceptable to Spring Loaded Technology. They may also perform additional responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, non-destructive testing, sub-assembly components assemblies, mass finishing, and polishing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup machines, lathes, mills, or machining centers for the production of products
- Participate in ongoing process improvements
- Record production through process logs, and count cards
- May perform additional responsibilities as necessary
Expected Areas of Competence
- Must own and have a working knowledge of basic precision measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, and indicators
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must demonstrate ability to perform setup on machines
High School diploma plus two years machining experience on CNC lathes and/or mills/ or, high school machine shop training with one year of CNC experience.
- Have a positive, can do attitude, like to work as part of a team, be results oriented, pay attention to detail and take pride in doing quality work
- Shop skills including tools and shop math
- Equipment experience with mill and lathe, both manual and CNC
- Excellent manual and hand tool skills
- CAD in Rhino, OnShape or Solidworks
- Familiarity with Mastercam
- Apprentice Machinist
- College machinist trade diploma
- Must be organized and work well with priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization with a seasoned management team who have been there before. We offer a casual work environment with our head office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are highly motivated, energetic and seek the challenges and rewards of building a great product and reaching your potential, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – production machine operator. Otherwise, your application will be disregarded.