About Spring Loaded
Spring Loaded Technology is changing the way the world moves. We thrive at the interface of research and development to build, manufacture, and deliver breakthrough technologies that can change and improve lives. We are looking for bright minds and passionate people to join our world-class team.
Just the Beginning
Spring Loaded emerged from an interdisciplinary innovation lab that focused on developing solutions for real customer problems.
We started with the basic idea of making a bionic knee brace that could make you stronger, more mobile, and less prone to fatigue.
We imagined a world where mobility is never an impairment: a world where limitations to natural movement caused by injury, disorder or disability are restored and where human performance is enabled to break boundaries.
After four years of research and development and hundreds of prototypes, we developed Levitation™, the world’s first bionic knee brace.
We know this is just the beginning. We’re excited to grow everyday, and we love what we do.
We’re a tight-knit team that’s set for rapid growth over the next 24 months. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment and a company that is redefining human mobility, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad skill-set who want more than just a job – someone who is driven, passionate, and above all, has a great sense of humour!
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, our team is made up of passionate, entrepreneurial, and driven individuals. Our culture is defined by our people and we actively seek, promote, and reward amazing and self-improving people that want to create an equally amazing company.
Independent Sales Agent (see details below)
Production Machine Operator (see details)
Independent Sales Agent (multiple openings)
Spring Loaded is growing rapidly, and we’re excited about this next stage of our growth. There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Our team is made up of bright, passionate people, working together to pioneer game-changing technology. We are currently seeking Independent Sales Agents (Independent Distributors) to enhance our overall presence and distribution across key Canadian markets. You will be responsible for nurturing relationships with key stakeholders including retailers, clinics, Therapists, and Physicians, calling on a variety of outlets where knee braces are prescribed and/or sold. You will work closely with our VP of Sales and Marketing, and the Spring Loaded Sales and Marketing Team. This role is best suited for a driven, yet empathetic individual who is eager to make their mark in the medical device industry, and who is motivated by a pay-for-performance model (i.e. 100% commission). If you’re currently an Independent Sales Agent (Independent Distributor) in the medical device industry looking to enhance your offering, or if you’re interested in starting up a new business in the industry, we’d like to hear from you. Ideally, the successful candidate will have preexisting relationships with the various stakeholders mentioned above.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage your existing relationships with practitioners, therapists, and various bracing and orthotic clinics
- Identify areas of opportunity within your territory to promote and educate clinicians on our leading technology, as well as new distribution opportunities across clinics and/or bracing retailers.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with new and existing customers
- Meet regularly with customers and clinicians to present and demonstrate Spring Loaded Technology’s leading products, and to explain their features and benefits
- Conduct open and honest conversations with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales. Conduct regular business reviews
- Regularly follow up with these customers and clinicians to monitor their satisfaction with our products. Identify opportunities to improve customer/consumer satisfaction with products
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills are essential. You must be comfortable presenting to individuals and groups of up to 10
- Coordinate with other Spring Loaded Technology personnel to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required
- Participate in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about Spring Loaded Technology’s products, competitor products, and their respective advantages and disadvantages
- Set and achieve personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales, and other related sales results achieved.
- Participate as a member of the Spring Loaded Technology sales team to improve our ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in tradeshows and/or association and industry conferences when appropriate
- Post-secondary – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Preexisting relationships with Physicians, Therapists, clinic owners, and bracing retailers
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience, preferably selling medical devices
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of clinicians.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinetics – an asset
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organizational goals
- A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, database and other relevant software programs
Please submit your application via the posting on Alongside.
Production Machine Operator
Spring Loaded is growing rapidly and is expanding our production team. We are looking for a Production CNC Operator to help scale our production capabilities. You will be responsible for the setup and operation of CNC and manual machining equipment for both high-volume production and custom prototyping. Ideally, you have 1-2 years of machine shop experience and/or training operating a CNC milling machine and/or lathe. Attention to detail, commitment to safety, obsession with quality, and absolute dependability are a must. We work at an extremely fast pace and work together as a collective unit. As a result, you will be cross-trained on other areas of our operation and work in multiple areas of production.
The person in position is responsible for setting up machines, checking products against design and quality specifications, and keeping production items running through machining areas with quantity and quality acceptable to Spring Loaded Technology. They may also perform additional responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, non-destructive testing, sub-assembly components assemblies, mass finishing, and polishing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup machines, lathes, mills, or machining centers for the production of products
- Participate in ongoing process improvements
- Record production through process logs, and count cards
- May perform additional responsibilities as necessary
Expected Areas of Competence
- Must own and have a working knowledge of basic precision measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, and indicators
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must demonstrate ability to perform setup on machines
High School diploma plus two years machining experience on CNC lathes and/or mills/ or, high school machine shop training with one year of CNC experience.
- Have a positive, can do attitude, like to work as part of a team, be results oriented, pay attention to detail and take pride in doing quality work
- Shop skills including tools and shop math
- Equipment experience with mill and lathe, both manual and CNC
- Excellent manual and hand tool skills
- CAD in Rhino, OnShape or Solidworks
- Familiarity with Mastercam
- Apprentice Machinist
- College machinist trade diploma
- Must be organized and work well with priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization with a seasoned management team who have been there before. We offer a casual work environment with our head office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are highly motivated, energetic and seek the challenges and rewards of building a great product and reaching your potential, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line – production machine operator. Otherwise, your application will be disregarded.