Spring Loaded Technology is changing the way the world moves. We thrive at the interface of research and development to build and deliver breakthrough medical technologies that improve lives. Based in Halifax, NS, Spring Loaded designs and manufactures high-tech mobility devices that allow more people to overcome joint pain, reclaim an active lifestyle, and do more of what they love. Best known for creating the world’s first bionic knee braces, Spring Loaded offers a growing range of medical devices for commercial, government, and consumer applications.
Spring Loaded is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
Requirements and Key Responsibilities:
A wide range of duties and responsibilities are required of a Production Technician. These shall include, but not be limited to:
- Have a positive can do attitude, like to work part of a team, be results-oriented, pay close attention to detail and take pride in doing quality work.
- Build and test assemblies and subassemblies according to written specifications.
- Must be able to read and interpret short correspondence, memos, detailed blueprints and Standard Written Operating Procedures.
- Perform equipment setup, operation, adjustments and preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and effectiveness.
- Ability to use power tools and other hand-held pieces of equipment.
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure they conform with specifications.
- Make recommendations on improvement to safety, processes, tooling, materials, etc.
- Working knowledge of proper measuring and inspection scales, such as; calipers, micrometers and precision scales reading in either decimal or fractional format.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Comfortable standing for the majority of the working day.
- Adherence to Spring Loaded’s Housekeeping standards, keep a tidy work area, free from clutter and potential hazards to self and fellow co-workers.
- Adherence to Spring Loaded’s Safety Policy and programs. All Employees are responsible for observing and adhering to all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Other shop fabrication duties which may become necessary such as welding and machining.
- All other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with small-scale manufacturing an asset
- Experience with laser-cutting or thermoforming an asset
- Detail-oriented and solid math skills
- At a minimum, beginner-level computer literacy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Be able to work independently with high degree of self motivation
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company with an ambitious mission. We offer a casual work environment in our office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are a highly motivated, energetic problem solver– we would like to hear from you.
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume with the heading “Production Technician” in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this posting is April 19th, 2021.