Spring Loaded Technology is changing the way the world moves. We thrive at the interface of research and development to build and deliver breakthrough technologies that can change and improve lives. Our flagship product, the Levitation Knee Brace, is the world’s first compact and powerful bionic knee brace that is designed to unload all three compartments of the knee while simultaneously enhancing the power output of the leg muscles. For people with knee injuries or mobility challenges, our technology functions to restore mobility, reduce joint compression, and reduce pain.
Duties and Responsibilities
A wide range of duties and responsibilities are required of a Production Technician. These shall include, but not be limited to:
- Have a positive, can do attitude, like to work as part of a team, be results-oriented, pay close attention to detail and take pride in doing quality work.
- Build and test assemblies and subassemblies according to written specifications.
- Must be able to read and interpret short correspondence, memos, detailed blueprints and Standard Written Operating Procedures.
- Perform equipment setup, operation, adjustments and preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and effectiveness.
- Ability to use power tools and other hand-held pieces of equipment.
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure they conform with specifications.
- Make recommendations on improvement to safety, processes, tooling, materials, etc.
- Working knowledge of proper measuring and inspection scales, such as; calipers, micrometers and precision scales reading in either decimal or fractional format.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Comfortable standing for the majority of the working day.
- Adherence to SLT’s Housekeeping standards, keep a tidy work area, free from clutter and potential hazards to self and fellow co-workers.
- Adherence to SLT’s Safety Policy and programs. All Employees are responsible for observing and adhering to all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Other shop fabrication duties which may become necessary such as welding and machining.
- All other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with small-scale manufacturing an asset
- Experience with laser-cutting or thermoforming an asset
- Experience creating and cutting different materials and fabrics
- Detail-oriented and solid math skills
- At a minimum, beginner-level computer literacy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Be able to work independently with high degree of self motivation
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company with an ambitious mission. We offer a casual work environment in our office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Rate of pay is $16.50/hr.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, please forward your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Application – Production Technician
Thank you for your interest in Spring Loaded Technology.