Production Technician – Machine Operator
Spring Loaded Technology is changing the way the world moves. We thrive at the interface of research and development to build and deliver breakthrough technologies that can change and improve lives. Our flagship product, the Levitation Knee Brace, is the world’s first compact and powerful bionic knee brace that is designed to unload all three compartments of the knee while simultaneously enhancing the power output of the leg muscles. For people with knee injuries or mobility challenges, our technology functions to restore mobility, reduce joint compression, and reduce pain.
Duties and Responsibilities
A wide range of duties and responsibilities are required of a Production Technician – Machine Operator. These shall include, but not be limited to:
- Operation of computer-controlled machines including lathe, bandsaw, and vertical machining center.
- Read process sheets, drawings, and/or sketches of parts to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Adherence to Spring Loaded’s Housekeeping standards, keep a tidy work area, free from clutter and potential hazards to self and fellow co-workers.
- Adherence to Spring Loaded’s Safety Policy and programs. All Employees are responsible for observing and adhering to all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Make recommendations on improvement to safety, processes, tooling, materials, etc.
- Maintain a written daily record of completed tasks, in accordance with established procedures.
- Operation of manual machine shop equipment including lathes, bench grinders, handsaw, and drill presses.
- Responsible to put production-ready parts into supermarkets
- Ensure effective production of quality parts by checking parts to drawing or sketches, using gauges and measuring equipment.
- Removing sharp edges/burrs from parts with abrasives and/or hand tools when
- When required, work multiple machines simultaneously.
- Recommend and put approved plans into action to optimize the productivity and profitability of machining operations.
- All other duties as required.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience:
- 2 years or more experience as a production CNC machine operator
- Using CAM software to create programs for production parts as well as for research and development.
- Obtaining or making machine fixtures required for the work to be machined.
- Experience performing maintenance of CNC Machinery
Spring Loaded offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Given the urgency to fill the role, applicants with a local presence will be considered ahead of those from out-of-province. If you believe you’re a fit for our team of bright, caring people, relentlessly working together to pioneer life-changing technology, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, please forward your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Application – Machine Operator
Thank you for your interest in Spring Loaded Technology.